2020-02-18 10:46:16

by Patrick Steinhardt

Subject: Changed fstype for nfs4 mounts starting with 5.6-rc1 (bisected)

Hi,

starting with v5.6-rc1, I've noticed that my shutdown scripts do not
work properly anymore in case there's any NFS4 mounts present. The issue
stems from an fstype change: while NFS4 mounts previously had fstype
"nfs4", they now have type "nfs". As a result, my "umount -at nfs4"
doesn't do anything, resulting in a hang later on.

While this can trivially be fixed on my side by doing "umount -at
nfs,nfs4", I guess that this was an involuntary change. A bisect points
to commit f2aedb713c28 (NFS: Add fs_context support., 2019-12-10).
Reproducer:

$ mount.nfs4 host:/mnt /mnt
$ findmnt -otarget,source,fstype /mnt
TARGET SOURCE FSTYPE