2008-11-12 16:06:35

by Le Rouzic

Subject: Re: NFS mount over IPv6 success

Steinar H. Gunderson a =C3=A9crit :

>On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 01:00:27AM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
> =20
>
>>Keep an eye out for IPv6-related patches for nfs-utils. The key is t=
o =20
>>ensure IPv4 continues to work, especially on Debian which tracks =20
>>upstream nfs-utils closely.
>> =20
>>

>We don't plan to incorporate IPv6-specific patches before upstream doe=
s (and
>lenny, our upcoming release, is not going to get libtirpc or rpcbind).=
When
>upstream nfs-utils is ready, you can expect us to configure with
>--enable-ipv6 pretty quickly, though :-)
>
>I still haven't had any success with nfsd on the server side in Linux;=
it's a
>bit unclear to me what nfs-utils to use in particular.
>
>/* Steinar */
> =20

Hi,
There is a prototype nfs-utils package based on nfs-utils-1.1.2 you ca=
n=20
play with at http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/

Regards

--=20
Company : Bull, Architect of an Open World TM (http://www.bull.com)
Name : Aime Le Rouzic=20
Mail : Bull - BP 208 - 38432 Echirolles Cedex - France
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone : 33 (4) 76.29.75.51
=46ax : 33 (4) 76.29.75.18
-----------------------------------------------------------------=20

2008-11-12 16:29:10

by Chuck Lever

On Nov 12, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Le Rouzic wrote:

> Steinar H. Gunderson a =E9crit :
>
>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 01:00:27AM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
>>

>>> Keep an eye out for IPv6-related patches for nfs-utils. The key =20
>>> is to
>>> ensure IPv4 continues to work, especially on Debian which tracks
>>> upstream nfs-utils closely.
>>>

>> We don't plan to incorporate IPv6-specific patches before upstream =20
>> does (and
>> lenny, our upcoming release, is not going to get libtirpc or =20
>> rpcbind). When
>> upstream nfs-utils is ready, you can expect us to configure with
>> --enable-ipv6 pretty quickly, though :-)
>>
>> I still haven't had any success with nfsd on the server side in =20
>> Linux; it's a
>> bit unclear to me what nfs-utils to use in particular.
>>
>> /* Steinar */
>>

> Hi,
> There is a prototype nfs-utils package based on nfs-utils-1.1.2 you =20
> can
> play with at http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/

Oops. Sorry, I forgot about that.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com

2008-11-12 16:37:35

by Steinar H. Gunderson

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 05:05:13PM +0100, Le Rouzic wrote:
> There is a prototype nfs-utils package based on nfs-utils-1.1.2 you can
> play with at http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/

I already tried that with the latest git tree from Chuck, but no go
(statd/nfsd didn't register on IPv6 in rpcbind, IIRC).

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/