2023-04-20 16:22:27

by Jeff Layton

Subject: Fedora packages for ktls testing available

I have a Fedora COPR repo set up with the latest RPC with TLS bits from
Chuck:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jlayton/rpctls/

It has a kernel package (currently based on v6.3-rc7), an updated nfs-
utils package (only needed by the NFS server), and a new ktls-utils
package (0.8 based currently) that I'm working to get into the main
Fedora repos after the kernel patches are merged.

My goal is to keep this up to date until the relevant code starts
landing in the main Fedora repos.

Jeff Layton <[email protected]>

2023-04-21 13:40:38

by Chuck Lever

Subject: Re: Fedora packages for ktls testing available

> On Apr 20, 2023, at 12:17 PM, Jeff Layton <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I have a Fedora COPR repo set up with the latest RPC with TLS bits from
> Chuck:
>
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jlayton/rpctls/
>
> It has a kernel package (currently based on v6.3-rc7), an updated nfs-
> utils package (only needed by the NFS server), and a new ktls-utils
> package (0.8 based currently) that I'm working to get into the main
> Fedora repos after the kernel patches are merged.
>
> My goal is to keep this up to date until the relevant code starts
> landing in the main Fedora repos.

Hi Jeff-

Excellent work!

I've had questions about building ktls-utils so I'm interested in
your experience packaging it.

On Fedora, folks have installed keyutils-lib and keyutils-lib-devel
but ./configure still reports:

Package 'libkeyutils', required by 'virtual:world', not found

Did you encounter this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

--
Chuck Lever

2023-04-21 14:31:35

by Jeff Layton

On Fri, 2023-04-21 at 13:32 +0000, Chuck Lever III wrote:

> > On Apr 20, 2023, at 12:17 PM, Jeff Layton <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I have a Fedora COPR repo set up with the latest RPC with TLS bits from
> > Chuck:
> >
> > https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jlayton/rpctls/
> >
> > It has a kernel package (currently based on v6.3-rc7), an updated nfs-
> > utils package (only needed by the NFS server), and a new ktls-utils
> > package (0.8 based currently) that I'm working to get into the main
> > Fedora repos after the kernel patches are merged.
> >
> > My goal is to keep this up to date until the relevant code starts
> > landing in the main Fedora repos.
>
> Hi Jeff-
>
> Excellent work!
>
> I've had questions about building ktls-utils so I'm interested in
> your experience packaging it.
>
> On Fedora, folks have installed keyutils-lib and keyutils-lib-devel
> but ./configure still reports:
>
> Package 'libkeyutils', required by 'virtual:world', not found
>
> Did you encounter this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks! I missed adding the client patches to the most recent kernel
build, but they should be in there in the next one (brewing now).

No, I haven't seen that error. I did go several rounds with failed
package builds due to build dependencies. The current specfile has this:

BuildRequires: gcc make gnutls-devel libnl3-devel systemd-rpm-macros
BuildRequires: autoconf automake keyutils-libs-devel glib2-devel

...and that allowed it to build on f37 and up for me.
--
Jeff Layton <[email protected]>