2013-04-18 19:15:42

by Wendy Cheng

Subject: Re: NFS over RDMA benchmark

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Spencer Shepler
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Note that SPEC SFS does not support RDMA.

IIRC, the benchmark comes with source code - wondering anyone has
modified it to run on RDMA ? Or is there any real user to share the
experience ?

-- Wendy

> ________________________________

by Spencer

On Apr 18, 2013, at 6:03 PM, Atchley, Scott wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2013, at 3:15 PM, Wendy Cheng <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Spencer Shepler
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Note that SPEC SFS does not support RDMA.
>>>

>> IIRC, the benchmark comes with source code - wondering anyone has
>> modified it to run on RDMA ? Or is there any real user to share the
>> experience ?
>
> I am not familiar with SpecSFS, but if it exercises the filesystem, it does not know which RPC layer that NFS uses, no? Or does it implement its own client and directly access the RPC layer?

Yes, the SPEC SFS benchmark implements its own NFSv3 client, RPC layer, etc.

Spencer

>> -- Wendy

2013-04-19 01:03:51

by Atchley, Scott