2009-03-24 18:38:11

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: nfsd: Improve NFS server performance

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 09:13:32PM +0530, Krishna Kumar2 wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> I am sorry about the delay due to some unavoidable circumstances. However,
> I have
> got most of the details that you and Jeff had asked for. I am including:
>
> 1. Patch (on latest git tree):
> (See attached file: patch0) (See attached file: patch1)
>
> 2. Results (for org, using daemon, using workqueue):
> (See attached file: result.daemon) (See attached file: result.wq)
> (See attached file: result.summary)
>
> 3. Profile data (for org, using daemon, using workqueue):
> (See attached file: profiles.bz2)
>
> 4. A small write up:
> (See attached file: write_up)
>
> 5. The test program:
> (See attached file: read_files.c)
>
> Sorry about the large attachment in step #3 above, I didn't know if I
> should put it some place. Also if required, I can submit patches breaking
> up this monolithic one.

Thanks, I'll take a look (maybe not immediately). Probably Jeff will
too, but as long as a) there's a large monolithic patch, and b) all of
this is in attachments--I'm afraid nobody else may bother.

So it'd be more helpful to send this information in the body of email
(more than one email if needed)--that way there's a greater chance other
people will pay attention, and (with luck) have some useful idea to
contribute.

Thanks!--b.

2009-03-24 19:00:14

by Krishna Kumar2

OK, I will break the attachments into text files tomorrow :) I will send
everything but the
profile data once again.

thanks,
- KK