2003-05-27 20:35:29

by Daryl Van Vorst

Subject: [Bluez-devel] SO_ERROR, LM_RELIABLE

Max,

I'm working on LM_RELIABLE support in l2test. I'm using aclsession to send
both valid and invalid l2cap packets.

I'm sending an invalid (wrong length) packet followed by a valid packet. I
get the ECOMM error and clear it with getsockopt(SO_ERROR), and then I can
receive the next packet. That works fine for both long and short packets.
But when I disconnect, I get the following in syslog (for either the too
long or the too short case):

l2test[583]: Disconnect. Communication error on send

Normally that would say "Disconnect. Success".

But I'm not sending. (At least not that I know of) Any ideas about what
would cause that?

The same code will print "Disconnect. Success" if aclsession is used to sen=
two valid packets.

-Daryl.

by Max Krasnyansky

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] SO_ERROR, LM_RELIABLE

At 01:35 PM 5/27/2003, Daryl Van Vorst wrote:
>Max,
>
>I'm working on LM_RELIABLE support in l2test. I'm using aclsession to send
>both valid and invalid l2cap packets.
>
>I'm sending an invalid (wrong length) packet followed by a valid packet. I
>get the ECOMM error and clear it with getsockopt(SO_ERROR), and then I can
>receive the next packet. That works fine for both long and short packets.
>But when I disconnect, I get the following in syslog (for either the too
>long or the too short case):
>
>l2test[583]: Disconnect. Communication error on send
>
>Normally that would say "Disconnect. Success".
>
>But I'm not sending. (At least not that I know of) Any ideas about what
>would cause that?
That what you'd get if you do strerror(ECOMM) :(. So the error message is ok.
The question is why do you get error after you cleared it with getsockopt(SO_ERROR).
I'll take a look at it.

Max