Subject: [Bluez-devel] Code questions

Hello,

I've looked to the code of BlueTooth in the linux 2.6.10 kernel, and
I've a few questions :

- I've noticed that OCF_PIN_CODE_REPLY and OCF_PIN_CODE_NEG_REPLY are
defined in include/net/bluetooth/hci.h, but never used in the code; and
that the function hci_pin_code_request_evt() is void. Does it mean that
the current BlueZ implementation doesn't support PIN codes? (Just making
sure.)

- Is the PIN Code Request event masked away (I think it is, because I
also read the BlueTooth Specification, and it doesn't allow not reacting
to this event), and in this case, were is it masked? I didn't found the
masking in the code.

- I've noticed the same for other events (that they were not treated).
Are they also just masked away, and, if yes, were in the code do this
masking happens?

Emmanuel Colbus

--
Please don't care about this useless mail signature:

M. Emmanuel Colbus de l'ENSIMAG intervenant ? FTRD/MAPS/AMS du 01/02/05
au 30/06/05 sous la responsabilit? de M. Tahar Jarboui dans le cadre
d'un stage de fin d'?tudes.

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Code questions

Hello,

>[...]

Thank you for the previous answers, now the stack has become clearer to
me :) .

> > - I've noticed the same for other events (that they were not treated).
> > Are they also just masked away, and, if yes, were in the code do this
> > masking happens?
>
> Explain what you mean.

I was especially thinking about the hardware_error event : I haven't
found any place were he was handled. Is it masked away, ignored, or
treated, and, if yes, where in the code?

Regards,

Emmanuel

--
Please don't care about this useless mail signature:

M. Emmanuel Colbus de l'ENSIMAG intervenant ? FTRD/MAPS/AMS du 01/02/05
au 30/06/05 sous la responsabilit? de M. Tahar Jarboui dans le cadre
d'un stage de fin d'?tudes.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Emmanuel,

> I've looked to the code of BlueTooth in the linux 2.6.10 kernel, and
> I've a few questions :
>
> - I've noticed that OCF_PIN_CODE_REPLY and OCF_PIN_CODE_NEG_REPLY are
> defined in include/net/bluetooth/hci.h, but never used in the code; and
> that the function hci_pin_code_request_evt() is void. Does it mean that
> the current BlueZ implementation doesn't support PIN codes? (Just making
> sure.)

currently these events are handled by the hcid, but for the upcoming
security and profile manager they will be moved inside the kernel.

> - Is the PIN Code Request event masked away (I think it is, because I
> also read the BlueTooth Specification, and it doesn't allow not reacting
> to this event), and in this case, were is it masked? I didn't found the
> masking in the code.

Nothing is masked away.

> - I've noticed the same for other events (that they were not treated).
> Are they also just masked away, and, if yes, were in the code do this
> masking happens?

Explain what you mean.

Regards

Marcel