2004-08-02 14:38:01

by Jérôme LECOMTE

Subject: [Bluez-devel] IPv6 Bluez and Router Advertissement

Hi,

I'm having a problem concerning IPv6 autoconfiguration over Bluetooth
with Bluez Stack.
I set up a PICONET architecture like described in the "PAN How to". A
bridgde is taking care of all point-to-point bnep interfaces between the
master node and the slaves.
This master node acts like a router to provide access to a MANET 802.11b
network and implements IPV6 technology. Ipv4 configuration works well.
My aim is to provide IPv6 autoconfiguration to the BT slaves nodes.
I installed RADVD on the router in order to broadcast an ipv6 prefix to
BT nodes but they can't achieve to auto-configure.
The auto configuration is working through an ethernet link so the
problem comes from Bluetooth I think.
With a sniffer, router sollicication are going well from the slave to
the router but router advertisement (with ipv6 prefix) can't go through
Bluetooth links (sniffer on slaves shows that) and I don't understand why.
Experience about this would be welcome

Cheers.

by Till Harbaum

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] BlueZ Disconnects

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 12:14, Talbi wrote:
> there is a way using BlueZ to detect a disconnection between my dongle and
> a Bluetooth device.
Sure, it works exaclty like it does with e.g. a lost tcp connection. If you
are using the select, you e.g. get a read event. But the actual read() call
returns with 0 bytes read. You then know, that your l2cap connection is gone.

This should work similar with rfcomm.

Till

--
Dr.-Ing. Till Harbaum Tel.: +49 721 4998963
BeeCon GmbH Fax: +49 721 4998962

by Talbi

hello,

my question have no relation with IPv6.

my question is:

there is a way using BlueZ to detect a disconnection between my dongle and =
a=20
Bluetooth device.

thanks,

Le mardi 3 Ao=FBt 2004 10:28, David Woodhouse a =E9crit=A0:
> On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 09:59 +0200, Talbi wrote:
> > I'm struggling with how to use/configure the BlueZ stack to automatical=
ly
> > re-establish the bluetooth connection after a disconnection.
> >
> > Can you indicate me how can I know that there is a disconnection.
>
> I'm not sure I understand your question. In what way does this relate to
> the questions about IPv6, to which thread you replied?

by David Woodhouse

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 09:59 +0200, Talbi wrote:
> I'm struggling with how to use/configure the BlueZ stack to automatically
> re-establish the bluetooth connection after a disconnection.
>
> Can you indicate me how can I know that there is a disconnection.

I'm not sure I understand your question. In what way does this relate to
the questions about IPv6, to which thread you replied?

--
dwmw2

by Talbi

Subject: [Bluez-devel] BlueZ Disconnects

hello,

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 16:38 +0200, Jérôme LECOMTE wrote:
> With a sniffer, router sollicication are going well from the slave to
> the router but router advertisement (with ipv6 prefix) can't go through
> Bluetooth links (sniffer on slaves shows that) and I don't understand why.
> Experience about this would be welcome

Is radvd definitely trying to send advertisements on the interface in
question? Are these part of a bridge on which radvd is configured to
broadcast, or is radvd configured to use each bnep device separately?

IPv6 autoconfig over BNEP is working fine for me. When used with Linux
bridging, I have to send a SIGHUP to radvd after adding the first BNEP
device to the bridge; otherwise radvd thinks the MAC address is all
zeroes and it doesn't work.

If that's not it, give more precise details of your setup, and tcpdump
from both ends. If radvd isn't sending the packets you want, look there
to find out why. If it _is_ and you're not seeing them at the other end,
I'll be surprised.

--
dwmw2

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jerome,

> I'm having a problem concerning IPv6 autoconfiguration over Bluetooth
> with Bluez Stack.
> I set up a PICONET architecture like described in the "PAN How to". A
> bridgde is taking care of all point-to-point bnep interfaces between the
> master node and the slaves.
> This master node acts like a router to provide access to a MANET 802.11b
> network and implements IPV6 technology. Ipv4 configuration works well.
> My aim is to provide IPv6 autoconfiguration to the BT slaves nodes.
> I installed RADVD on the router in order to broadcast an ipv6 prefix to
> BT nodes but they can't achieve to auto-configure.
> The auto configuration is working through an ethernet link so the
> problem comes from Bluetooth I think.
> With a sniffer, router sollicication are going well from the slave to
> the router but router advertisement (with ipv6 prefix) can't go through
> Bluetooth links (sniffer on slaves shows that) and I don't understand why.
> Experience about this would be welcome

I don't know what's the problem here, but may you wanna take a look at
the BNEP protocol filters. It is only a guess.

Regards

Marcel