2005-04-28 12:35:27

by Mayank Batra

Subject: [Bluez-devel] A small test for sbc decoder

Henryk,

Can we test our sbc decoder code in the following
manner...

In the sbcdec.c file, can we put the decoded samples
of an sbc file on /dev/dsp ???

If this works, then our a2snk application is almost
done (ofcourse i am not considering the timing right
now cause that is a whole big problem).

I tried the above mentioned thing, but again, i could
faintly hear the music (the actual one) and a LOT of
noise.

But on the contrary I feel that since the encoder code
is working fine, then intuition says that decoder
should be correct.

So I feel that we are not able to handle the decoded
samples properly.

Mayank.

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] A small test for sbc decoder

Hi Mayank,

> Can we test our sbc decoder code in the following
> manner...
>
> In the sbcdec.c file, can we put the decoded samples
> of an sbc file on /dev/dsp ???

at the moment it is using the AO library for output, but you can send me
a patch to allow direct using of /dev/dsp.

Regards

Marcel