2007-05-15 15:01:09

by Daniel Ribeiro

Subject: [Bluez-devel] BCM2035 on UART at speeds higher than 230400

Hi all.

I am working on bluetooth support for the Motorola EZX platform (a780/e680
phones) and i am unable to hciattach bcm2035 at baud rates higher than
230400.

I reverse engineered the original firmware and found that it uses a
different argument to the hci command that sets the baud rate when setting
460800 and 921600, i have changed hciattach.c and it works at full speed for
me now.

What i want to know is if anyone is using this chip at rates higher than
230400 before submiting my patch, so it doesnt break anyone else work.
Currently i know that the EZX platform and most Palm handhelds use this chip
on the UART port. My patch works for EZX and i am waiting feedback from the
hackndev guys about the palms.

My patch also adds support for setting the bdaddr on chip init, otherwise
this chip gets 00:00:00:00:00:00.

Thank you in advance.

--
EOF

Daniel Ribeiro

Attachments:
(No filename) (878.00 B)
(No filename) (937.00 B)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Daniel Ribeiro

2007/5/15, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:

> post your patch and I will integrate it.

Here it is. Thank you Marcel.

--
EOF

Daniel Ribeiro

Attachments:
(No filename) (153.00 B)
(No filename) (401.00 B)
bluez-bcm2035.patch (2.01 kB)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Daniel,

> I am working on bluetooth support for the Motorola EZX platform
> (a780/e680 phones) and i am unable to hciattach bcm2035 at baud rates
> higher than 230400.
>
> I reverse engineered the original firmware and found that it uses a
> different argument to the hci command that sets the baud rate when
> setting 460800 and 921600, i have changed hciattach.c and it works at
> full speed for me now.
>
> What i want to know is if anyone is using this chip at rates higher
> than 230400 before submiting my patch, so it doesnt break anyone else
> work. Currently i know that the EZX platform and most Palm handhelds
> use this chip on the UART port. My patch works for EZX and i am
> waiting feedback from the hackndev guys about the palms.
>
> My patch also adds support for setting the bdaddr on chip init,
> otherwise this chip gets 00:00:00:00:00:00.

post your patch and I will integrate it.

Regards

Marcel