2005-10-11 11:48:54

by Victor Shcherbatyuk

Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] a2play works with hp

Hi Brad,

Some guys here did work on a2play and have some good results. It works
on a number of headphones we have, so it might be the solution. The idea
is sending packs of packets with dynamically calculated sleep time in
between, but I didn't look into the code yet (and it is not mine
anyway). If they want to contribute (most probably the do :) ) then
maybe we should avoid doing same stuff....

Regards,
Victor.=20

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Brad
Midgley
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 5:57 AM
To: BlueZ Mailing List
Subject: [Bluez-devel] a2play works with hp

Hey

Matthew Garrett was tweaking a2play and found some settings that finally
pace things properly for the hp headset when you use the rtc/pthread
timer (-p). I committed them to cvs. The issues now are

- glitches when X repaints stuff--maybe rtc ticks get lost
- a2play isn't closing things up after the stream ends

but that's a big improvement over the last attempt at least :)

Brad

This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be=
privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not=
the intended addressee, we request that you notify the sender immediatel=
y and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s), withou=
t copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any ot=
her way. TomTom N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belong=
ing to the TomTom group of companies will not be liable for damage relati=
ng to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or any other informa=
tion.

by Guylhem Aznar

On Tuesday, 11 October 2005 at 13:48:54 (+0200), Victor Shcherbatyuk wrot=
e:
> Some guys here did work on a2play and have some good results. It works
> on a number of headphones we have, so it might be the solution. The ide=
> is sending packs of packets with dynamically calculated sleep time in
> between, but I didn't look into the code yet (and it is not mine
> anyway). If they want to contribute (most probably the do :) ) then
> maybe we should avoid doing same stuff....

Another suggestion: maybe a2play could have an option use libmad and
libogg? I would find that interesting because sometimes mpg123 gives
weird results. A consistant/reproductible setting is interesting.

That an the ability to send a stream close would be very interesting.

--=20
Bien =E0 vous - Best regards,
Guylhem P. Aznar

--=20