2005-02-01 11:55:24

by mike lee

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Hardware error

Dear All
When i try to send file though bluetooth, there is a hardware error
in hcidump. I am using serial dongle with CSR BC02 external chip set,
hci firmware ver 18.1. And then both side will halt at the bluetooth
read/write system call. I want to find out is it the problem from my
hardware or anything else. Do anyone have ideas?

> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets(0x13) plen 5
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets(0x13) plen 5
< ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x02 dlen 20
L2CAP(d): cid 0x62 len 16 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 0 dlci 2 pf 0 ilen 12 fcs 0x40
< ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x02 dlen 192
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets(0x13) plen 5
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets(0x13) plen 5
< ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x01 dlen 139
L2CAP(d): cid 0x62 len 327 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 0 dlci 2 pf 0 ilen 322 fcs 0x40
> HCI Event: Hardware Error(0x10) plen 1
> ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x02 dlen 9
L2CAP(d): cid 0x40 len 5 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 1 dlci 2 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0x86 credits 3
< ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x02 dlen 20
L2CAP(d): cid 0x62 len 16 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 0 dlci 2 pf 0 ilen 12 fcs 0x40
< ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x02 dlen 192

hci0: Type: UART
BD Address: 00:08:E0:01:49:6A ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:149871 acl:2811 sco:0 events:12828 errors:0
TX bytes:1847648 acl:15873 sco:0 commands:307 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8b 0x78 0x18 0x18 0x00 0x80
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'mike (0)'
Class: 0x000100
Service Classes: Unspecified
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.2 (0x2) HCI Rev: 0x490 LMP Ver: 1.2 (0x2) LMP Subver:
0x490
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

best regard
Mike,Lee

by mike lee

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Hardware error

Dear Steven
Thanks for information, I have checked that the error code is 0xfe.
Actually, i do not use cable as i am using 921600 baud rate, cable
increase the error rate.
I am trying to modify the coding.

Anyways, thanks a lot
best regard
Mike,Lee

Steven Singer wrote:

>mike wrote:
>

>> > HCI Event: Hardware Error(0x10) plen 1
>>

>If you find out what the parameter was to the hardware error event, you
>might get a clue as to what was going on.
>
>You can look up the hardware error codes for CSR chips in the document
>HQ Commands (bcore-sp-003Pc) on the CSR support web site if you have
>access (http://www.csrsupport.com).
>
>The most common hardware error emitted by CSR devices running the H4
>UART host transport is 0xfe. This indicates that the chip has lost HCI
>synchronisation with the host. This is caused either by the host sending
>invalid data or because of corruption of the UART traffic on the wire.
>
>Unfortunately, the H4 UART protocol does not support a proper error
>recovery procedure. The only option, once this error has occurred, is
>to issue an HCI_Reset which will, of course, tear down all existing
>links.
>
> - Steven

>the system manager.
>
>This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
>MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
>
>http://www.mimesweeper.com

by Steven Singer

mike wrote:
> > HCI Event: Hardware Error(0x10) plen 1

If you find out what the parameter was to the hardware error event, you
might get a clue as to what was going on.

You can look up the hardware error codes for CSR chips in the document
HQ Commands (bcore-sp-003Pc) on the CSR support web site if you have
access (http://www.csrsupport.com).

The most common hardware error emitted by CSR devices running the H4
UART host transport is 0xfe. This indicates that the chip has lost HCI
synchronisation with the host. This is caused either by the host sending
invalid data or because of corruption of the UART traffic on the wire.

Unfortunately, the H4 UART protocol does not support a proper error
recovery procedure. The only option, once this error has occurred, is
to issue an HCI_Reset which will, of course, tear down all existing
links.

- Steven

the system manager.

http://www.mimesweeper.com

by Peter Wippich

Hi Mike,

a possible cause of a hardware error is an Uart overrun. Do you have
hardware handshake enabled ??

Ciao,

Peter

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, mike wrote:

> Dear All
> When i try to send file though bluetooth, there is a hardware error
> in hcidump. I am using serial dongle with CSR BC02 external chip set,
> hci firmware ver 18.1. And then both side will halt at the bluetooth
> read/write system call. I want to find out is it the problem from my
> hardware or anything else. Do anyone have ideas?
>
> > HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets(0x13) plen 5
> > HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets(0x13) plen 5
> < ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x02 dlen 20
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x62 len 16 [psm 3]
> RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 0 dlci 2 pf 0 ilen 12 fcs 0x40
> < ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x02 dlen 192
> > HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets(0x13) plen 5
> > HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets(0x13) plen 5
> < ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x01 dlen 139
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x62 len 327 [psm 3]
> RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 0 dlci 2 pf 0 ilen 322 fcs 0x40
> > HCI Event: Hardware Error(0x10) plen 1
> > ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x02 dlen 9
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x40 len 5 [psm 3]
> RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 1 dlci 2 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0x86 credits 3
> < ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x02 dlen 20
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x62 len 16 [psm 3]
> RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 0 dlci 2 pf 0 ilen 12 fcs 0x40
> < ACL data: handle 0x002a flags 0x02 dlen 192
>

> hci0: Type: UART
> BD Address: 00:08:E0:01:49:6A ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
> RX bytes:149871 acl:2811 sco:0 events:12828 errors:0
> TX bytes:1847648 acl:15873 sco:0 commands:307 errors:0
> Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8b 0x78 0x18 0x18 0x00 0x80
> Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
> Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
> Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
> Name: 'mike (0)'
> Class: 0x000100
> Service Classes: Unspecified
> Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
> HCI Ver: 1.2 (0x2) HCI Rev: 0x490 LMP Ver: 1.2 (0x2) LMP Subver:
> 0x490
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
>
> best regard
> Mike,Lee

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mike,

> When i try to send file though bluetooth, there is a hardware error
> in hcidump. I am using serial dongle with CSR BC02 external chip set,
> hci firmware ver 18.1. And then both side will halt at the bluetooth
> read/write system call. I want to find out is it the problem from my
> hardware or anything else. Do anyone have ideas?

normally when it says hardware error then it is a hardware error. Since
this is a BlueCore chip you might get more information with specific
vendor commands, but don't ask me how. I never needed this before.

Regards

Marcel