2005-08-15 10:01:19

Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] Porting BlueZ on embedded uClinux

From: "durai" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 3:22 PM

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] ?N?z durai
Sent: 2005/8/15 [?P???@] ?U?? 03:22
To: [email protected]

Hi Al,
I recently ported bluez stack in a embedded linux running 2.4.18 kernel.
First I downloaded the MH patch from http://www.holtmann.org/linux/kernel/.
and
applied it. Now both statically compiled driver as well as modules are
working correctly.
You can also try finding an appropriate patch and patch it with your kernel.
But what is
surprising for me is, though your kernel is 2.4.21 and you are not able to
find the options in
make menuconfig. I guess something is messed up in your package.

Can you find "hci_usb_init" in your System.map? Is it integrated correctly?
regards
durai

Attachments:
winmail.dat (4.57 kB)

2005-08-15 10:16:42

by Peter Wippich

Hi AL,

I think you will need hcid anyway to do anything usefull.

Ciao,

Peter

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Al wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I resolved the problem of integrating HCI driver. I can now use
> "hciconfig hci0 up" to bring up the device. MAC address can be read
> correctly. Kernel porting seems ok so far.
>
> But when I use "hciconfig -a", it has problem to read "Name", "Clas=
s",
> and so on from /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf (which I created already in the
> embedded
> ramdisk). Any dependancy among those utilities? For example, if I need =
> use "hciconfig",
> "hcid" is needed?
>
> thanks for helps,
>
> Al

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |