2006-06-23 15:38:52

by Michael Frey

Subject: [Bluez-devel] CSR hci continuous transmit mode?

Does anyone know how to put a CSR Bluecore chip into continuous
transmit mode using hcitool?

Michael

by Peter Wippich

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] CSR hci continuous transmit mode?

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Brand, Chris wrote:

Hi Chris,

> I was looking at how to send the CSR "Enter Device Under Test Mode"
> command, which sounds like it may be related. I found the ogf, ocf and
> parameters in the CSR documentation (0x6, 0x3 and none, in this case).
> Then I used
> hcitool cmd 0x6 0x3
> To send that command to the chip.
This is something different. The device under test mode is intended to be
used with a Bluetooth Tester. When the device is in DUT mode it can be
controlled by a remote (Test) device. More specifics information about DUT
mode can be found in the BT spec.

Ciao,
Peter

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Brand, Chris

> > Does anyone know how to put a CSR Bluecore chip into continuous
> > transmit mode using hcitool?
> >
> You can not do that using HCI Tool because this is a CSR
> specific low level testing command (may be you can figure our
> the necessary command sequence, but this will be very complicated).
>
> And as far as I know also the bccmd tool does not support CSR
> RF test commands.

This might be completely off-base, but it might not, so here goes...

I was looking at how to send the CSR "Enter Device Under Test Mode"
command, which sounds like it may be related. I found the ogf, ocf and
parameters in the CSR documentation (0x6, 0x3 and none, in this case).
Then I used
hcitool cmd 0x6 0x3
To send that command to the chip.

Chris

by Peter Wippich

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Michael Frey wrote:

> Does anyone know how to put a CSR Bluecore chip into continuous
> transmit mode using hcitool?

You can not do that using HCI Tool because this is a CSR specific
low level testing command (may be you can figure our the necessary command
sequence, but this will be very complicated).

And as far as I know also the bccmd tool does not support CSR RF test
commands.

Ciao,

Peter

| Peter Wippich Voice: +49 30 46776411 |
| G&W Instruments GmbH fax: +49 30 46776419 |
| Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12 Email: [email protected] |
| D-13355 Berlin / Germany |

by Joshua Wright