2008-06-11 00:48:14

by colorant

Subject: [Bluez-users] How to use Bluez with CSR chip ?

Hi

I am not sure is this the proper place to put up this question, if not ,
please correct me.

I was trying to run bluez on our board with bc4 chip. This chip need to
set pskey before it can run

I use hciattach and hciconfig to bring up the hci0 interface.

Then I try hcitool hci0 scan with my earphone open.

Nothing happend.

while, if I using CSR's bchs a2dp demo , it's ok, I can play music. say
hardware is ok.

My question is :

1. To enable bluez with csr chip, is there anything need to do vs the
standard kernel and bluez package ? Some config need?

2. Did I need to place the bootrap init sequence for the bc4 chip in
some place if I using bluez ? say in kernel or in the bluez user space
scripts? Or , the standard kernel and bluez utility already hand it, But I
just do the wrong way ?

Many thanks.
Raymond

by hong zhang

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] How to use Bluez with CSR chip ?

Raymond,

CSR bc4 is initialized in two ways based on your
design. I assum your board is embedded. One is by
eeprom and one is using command after build. You need
to provide more information.

You have to make sure your CSR bc4 chip on your board
is up first before using bluez.

Regular talking here is based on x86.

---henry