2003-10-07 14:34:33

by Nils Faerber

Subject: [Bluez-users] New to the headset club :)

Hi!
I made a mistake and bought a Bluetooth headset ;)
New toy... and now I am desperately trying to get a sound from it.
After some struggeling hstest connects but the headset does not play a
single beep.
When hstest connects I get the following:

Voice setting: 0x0040
RFCOMM channel connected
SCO audio channel connected (handle 43, mtu 64)
AT+VGS=4

and the headset beeps a single time.
After that nothing obvious happens anymore.
What does the AT command mean? It seems to come from the headset, right?
Would hstest need to respond at least with OK?

Oh, brave new world ;)

Any hints are welcome!
Oh, BTW: This headset is a C-Tech BT101, seems a quite common low-price
one...

CU
nils faerber

--
kernel concepts Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24 Fax: +49-271-771091-19

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] New to the headset club :)

Hi Nils,

> and the headset beeps a single time.
> After that nothing obvious happens anymore.
> What does the AT command mean? It seems to come from the headset, right?
> Would hstest need to respond at least with OK?

forgot something :(

You must make sure that your local device routes the SCO traffic of the
HCI interface. If your local device is CSR based, the CVS version of
hciconfig can show you this.

# hciconfig hci0 revision
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:50:xx:xx:xx:xx ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
HCI 16.1.1
Chip version: BlueCore02
Max key size: 128 bit
SCO mapping: HCI

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Nils,

> I made a mistake and bought a Bluetooth headset ;)

no comment. We talk again after you got a Bluespoon Digital ;)

> New toy... and now I am desperately trying to get a sound from it.
> After some struggeling hstest connects but the headset does not play a
> single beep.
> When hstest connects I get the following:
>
> Voice setting: 0x0040
> RFCOMM channel connected
> SCO audio channel connected (handle 43, mtu 64)
> AT+VGS=4
>
> and the headset beeps a single time.
> After that nothing obvious happens anymore.
> What does the AT command mean? It seems to come from the headset, right?
> Would hstest need to respond at least with OK?

If you use 2.4.22-mh1 for example you have a hci_usb driver which allows
you to drive one SCO channel with 16 bit PCM (voice setting 0x0060). My
hstest code operates with 8 bit, so you must change this. When I have a
little bit more time I should modify the hstest program to call sox and
mpg123 as needed. I already have done this, but I don't remember where I
stored the code :(

> Oh, BTW: This headset is a C-Tech BT101, seems a quite common low-price
> one...

Please send the output from "hcitool info <bdaddr>".

Regards

Marcel