2004-07-02 15:28:24

by Taneli Vähäkangas

Subject: [Bluez-users] Do bnep and obex work simultaneously?

Hello! I have a computer running kernel 2.6.7-mh1 and it is acting as a
PANU (pand --connect ...), which works very well. The GN on the other end
is a similarly configured computer. However, now I can't use ussp-push's
obextool on the PANU computer to send files to the mobile phone. Is this
expected or did I do something wrong? obextool push ... complains:
Can't connect. Too many links (31)
and fair enough, the connect() system call receives EMLINK.

Taneli

by Taneli Vähäkangas

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 19:06, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Taneli,

[snip]
> > HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x1bb LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x1bb
> > Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

Aha! The GN side has a newer (?) chip:

HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x20d
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

And it did work! Thanks for the hint.

> the scatternet support of the HCI 15.3 firmware is very limited. If you
> know someone with a MacOS X you can ask him to update your dongle.
> Otherwise you are limited here, but maybe it already helps if you
> activate the role switch (rswitch) in hcid.conf.

rswitch didn't help, so I need to eventually ask my friend to help me
out. Thanks again!

Taneli

2004-07-02 16:07:09

by CIJOML

This is caused because of roleswitch - you probably didn't enable it in you=
r=20
configuration, or your dongle doesn't support role switch

Michal

On Friday 02 of July 2004 17:28, Taneli V=E4h=E4kangas wrote:
> Hello! I have a computer running kernel 2.6.7-mh1 and it is acting as a
> PANU (pand --connect ...), which works very well. The GN on the other end
> is a similarly configured computer. However, now I can't use ussp-push's
> obextool on the PANU computer to send files to the mobile phone. Is this
> expected or did I do something wrong? obextool push ... complains:
> Can't connect. Too many links (31)
> and fair enough, the connect() system call receives EMLINK.
>
> Taneli

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Taneli,

> > from the Bluetooth stack this is possible, but maybe your local device
> > won't support it. What does "hciconfig -a" say?
>
> Here goes:
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:40:05:XX:XX:XX ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
> RX bytes:21619370 acl:80564 sco:0 events:9814 errors:0
> TX bytes:753307 acl:9833 sco:0 commands:23 errors:0
> Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
> Link policy: HOLD SNIFF PARK
> Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
> Name: 'mylly-0'
> Class: 0x000100
> Service Classes: Unspecified
> Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
> HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x1bb LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x1bb
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
>
> It is a D-Link DBT-120.

the scatternet support of the HCI 15.3 firmware is very limited. If you
know someone with a MacOS X you can ask him to update your dongle.
Otherwise you are limited here, but maybe it already helps if you
activate the role switch (rswitch) in hcid.conf.

Regards

Marcel

by Taneli Vähäkangas

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 18:39, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Taneli,
>
> > I have a computer running kernel 2.6.7-mh1 and it is acting as a
> > PANU (pand --connect ...), which works very well. The GN on the other end
> > is a similarly configured computer. However, now I can't use ussp-push's
> > obextool on the PANU computer to send files to the mobile phone. Is this
> > expected or did I do something wrong? obextool push ... complains:
> > Can't connect. Too many links (31)
> > and fair enough, the connect() system call receives EMLINK.
>
> from the Bluetooth stack this is possible, but maybe your local device
> won't support it. What does "hciconfig -a" say?

Here goes:
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:40:05:XX:XX:XX ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:21619370 acl:80564 sco:0 events:9814 errors:0
TX bytes:753307 acl:9833 sco:0 commands:23 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'mylly-0'
Class: 0x000100
Service Classes: Unspecified
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x1bb LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x1bb
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

It is a D-Link DBT-120.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Taneli

2004-07-02 15:39:48