2006-08-25 08:51:41

by automatic_jack

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR dongle

automatic_jack <automatic_jack <at> katamail.com> writes:

> Is the B-Speech dongle USB 2.0 or 1.x? The web page don' t say it

eBay seller has written to me that B-Speech Data Speed is an USB 1.1 device, can
you confirm, please?

Thanks :)

by automatic_jack

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:14:43 +0200
automatic_jack <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have also seen the Bluetake bt007sx dongle (bluetooth 2.0 + edr),
> are there any differences between the EX and SX? Maybe the chipset...

Bluetake has written to me that there is no difference on chipset. The
difference is only on software (BT007EX is Toshiba; BT007/9SX is IVT).

Regards,

jack

by automatic_jack

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:44:27 -0600
Brad Midgley <[email protected]> wrote:

> most or all of the usb adapters still use usb 1.1.

Thanks for the information Brad :)

> the bt007ex i usually recommend is usb 1.1 as well.

I have also seen the Bluetake bt007sx dongle (bluetooth 2.0 + edr), are
there any differences between the EX and SX? Maybe the chipset...

Regards,

jack

by Brad Midgley

aj

>> Is the B-Speech dongle USB 2.0 or 1.x? The web page don' t say it
>
> eBay seller has written to me that B-Speech Data Speed is an USB 1.1 device, can
> you confirm, please?

most or all of the usb adapters still use usb 1.1. the bt007ex i usually
recommend is usb 1.1 as well.

if you can put your usb2 devices on a separate usb bus it will be less
an issue.

brad

by Loreno Oliveira

I know this thread is over since a while, but I have one doubt:

is there any difference regarding compatibility with bluez between Bluetake
BT007 and BT009 families?
The point is that I need class 2 devices, and no class 1.

Regards,

Loreno