2004-04-07 17:30:22

by Daniel Jimenez

Subject: [Bluez-users] hci_uart and Ambicom BT2000E

Hi all,

In a previous thread Marcell recommended I use serial_cs and hci_uart
for my Ambicom PCMCIA bluetooth adaptor.

I've got serial_cs working, and it's created device /dev/ttyS1.

I did a hciattach /dev/ttyS1 ericsson and that returned no errors/notices.

hciconfig hci0 up hangs and does nothing. I can control+c out of it.

I do notice this in /var/log/messages:

hcid[6522]: HCI dev 0 registered
hcid[6437]: HCI dev 0 registered
hcid[6295]: HCI dev 0 registered
hcid[7097]: Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)
hcid[7098]: Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)
hcid[7099]: Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)

I am on kernel 2.6.5.

Tia,
--
Daniel Jimenez <djimenez[at]pobox[dot]com>

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] hci_uart and Ambicom BT2000E

Hi Daniel,

> In a previous thread Marcell recommended I use serial_cs and hci_uart
> for my Ambicom PCMCIA bluetooth adaptor.
>
> I've got serial_cs working, and it's created device /dev/ttyS1.
>
> I did a hciattach /dev/ttyS1 ericsson and that returned no errors/notices.
>
> hciconfig hci0 up hangs and does nothing. I can control+c out of it.
>
> I do notice this in /var/log/messages:
>
> hcid[6522]: HCI dev 0 registered
> hcid[6437]: HCI dev 0 registered
> hcid[6295]: HCI dev 0 registered
> hcid[7097]: Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)
> hcid[7098]: Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)
> hcid[7099]: Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)

you should check how many hcid you have running. There must only be one.

The other problem is that not every serial based PCMCIA card works right
now with the 2.6 kernel. Some do and some don't and actually this is a
problem in the serial subsystem, but I don't know where.

Regards

Marcel