2004-04-09 18:14:21

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] hci_uart and Ambicom BT2000E

Hi Daniel,

> > you should check how many hcid you have running. There must only be one.
>
> Do you mean by doing hciconfig -a? I only see one interface that way.

check it with "ps x".

> > The other problem is that not every serial based PCMCIA card works right
> > now with the 2.6 kernel. Some do and some don't and actually this is a
> > problem in the serial subsystem, but I don't know where.
>
> Interesting and disappointing. I bought this card because I thought it
> worked based on the hardware list :(. What can I do to find out if it's
> the card?

I tested a Pretec card with an Ericsson chip on it and the card don't
works either, but sometimes I get some bytes. I don't have enough time
to dig deeper into it, but it must be possible to use these cards with
serial_cs and hci_uart.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Daniel,

> > I tested a Pretec card with an Ericsson chip on it and the card don't
> > works either, but sometimes I get some bytes. I don't have enough time
> > to dig deeper into it, but it must be possible to use these cards with
> > serial_cs and hci_uart.
>
> Know any PCMCIA cards that DO work in Linux?

my COM One Bluetooth PCMCIA card (MC310) works.

Regards

Marcel

by Daniel Jimenez

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> check it with "ps x".

I'll check that, thanks

> I tested a Pretec card with an Ericsson chip on it and the card don't
> works either, but sometimes I get some bytes. I don't have enough time
> to dig deeper into it, but it must be possible to use these cards with
> serial_cs and hci_uart.

Know any PCMCIA cards that DO work in Linux?

Daniel Jimenez <djimenez[at]pobox[dot]com>