2005-09-28 17:42:53

by Preben Holm

Subject: [Bluez-users] Problem with bluetooth sound... working but not working

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this list, ny name is Preben and from Denmark...

Hardware:
Logitech F-0228A headset
Trust BT-1300TP bluetooth usb adapter

lsusb (the mouse is a logitech, so the chip must be broadcom):
-----------------
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:c50a Logitech, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0a5c:200a Broadcom Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
-----------------

The problem is, that all seems to work fine, but no sound will play.

This is the output from btsco when in verbose mode.
--------------
preben@laptop run $ ./connect_headset
btsco v0.4c
Device is 1:0
Voice setting: 0x0060
RFCOMM channel 1 connected
recieved AT+CKPD=200
i/o needed: connecting sco...
connected SCO channel
Done setting sco fd
recieved AT+VGS=13
Sending up speaker change 13
recieved AT+CKPD=200
recieved AT+VGS=13
Sending up speaker change 13
recieved AT+VGS=12
Sending up speaker change 12
recieved AT+VGS=11
Sending up speaker change 11
recieved AT+VGS=12
Sending up speaker change 12
recieved AT+VGS=13
Sending up speaker change 13
preben@laptop run $
--------------

Only "noise" is present in the speaker when trying to play with
aplay -B 1000000 -D plughw:Headset ../call_in.wav

and it doesn't stop either.

Output from hciconfig hci0 revision
-------------
laptop preben # hciconfig hci0 revision
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0E:A1:33:94:FE ACL MTU: 377:10 SCO MTU: 16:0
Firmware 263.3 / 9
laptop preben #
-------------

Similar configurations (headset+dongle) works on windows-computers, but
why isn't there a SCO: HCI/PCM in the hciconfig hci0 revision output.

I'm using gentoo and in portage there are firmware for broadcom devices.
Should this somehow be stuffed into the device or???

This is the scripts I use for init:
------------
/etc/init.d/bluetooth start
hciconfig hci0 voice 0x0060
modprobe snd-bt-sco
------------

and
------------
btsco -v 00:0D:44:2F:4B:25
------------

I would really like this to work...

Thanks
Preben

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] SCO and broadcom devices

Preben,

Sorry... no one is working on broadcom sco and no one has detailed docs
anyway as far as I know.

Brad

Preben Holm wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Will there be any support for SCO in the near future of broadcom
> devices?
> I won't go buy a cellink, if the support is on it's way!
>
> Btw. my broadcom device works with the standard drivers hci_usb!
>
> An lsusb gives this:
> ID Broadcom 0a5c:200a Broadcom Corp.
>

> Thanks for your help!
>
> / Preben

by Preben Holm

Subject: [Bluez-users] SCO and broadcom devices

Hi everyone,

Will there be any support for SCO in the near future of broadcom
devices?
I won't go buy a cellink, if the support is on it's way!

Btw. my broadcom device works with the standard drivers hci_usb!

An lsusb gives this:
ID Broadcom 0a5c:200a Broadcom Corp.

Thanks for your help!

/ Preben

by Andreas Beck

Preben Holm <[email protected]> wrote:
> Output from hciconfig hci0 revision
> -------------
> laptop preben # hciconfig hci0 revision
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:0E:A1:33:94:FE ACL MTU: 377:10 SCO MTU: 16:0
> Firmware 263.3 / 9
> Similar configurations (headset+dongle) works on windows-computers, but
> why isn't there a SCO: HCI/PCM in the hciconfig hci0 revision output.

Because this chip is not supported for SCO under linux.

> I would really like this to work...

Get a CSR based chip. Did that here, too.

CU, Andy