2005-04-14 18:57:09

by Jesse Guardiani

Subject: [Bluez-users] DBT 120 dongle defaulting to HID mode

Hello,

Ever since the firmware upgrade to BT 1.2, my DBT 120
has been defaulting to HID mode. I only use HCI mode
currently, so it freaked me out the first time this
happened! I thought my dongle was dead! But then I
remembered hid2hci.

Is there a way to change the default mode of this dongle
back to HCI without downgrading the firmware?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jesse,

> Ever since the firmware upgrade to BT 1.2, my DBT 120
> has been defaulting to HID mode. I only use HCI mode
> currently, so it freaked me out the first time this
> happened! I thought my dongle was dead! But then I
> remembered hid2hci.
>
> Is there a way to change the default mode of this dongle
> back to HCI without downgrading the firmware?

yes, it is. You have to change the PS key for the boot mode.

Regards

Marcel