2011-12-31 10:21:56

by omara

Subject: I have a Question about linux asynchronous crypto

Hi all

sorry to borther you.

I saw the linux crypto code,and found there is no asynchronous crypto
implemented by software,
only the hardware such as talitos implements async crypto.

I am right,or I miss someting?

thanks all.

2011-12-31 18:27:44

by Mark Allyn

As far as I can see, I agree. The generic implementations all seem to
be synchronous.

Truly,

Mark Allyn
Portland, Oregon
http://www.allyn.com
971-563-7588

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011, Gao feng wrote:

> Hi all
>
> sorry to borther you.
>
> I saw the linux crypto code,and found there is no asynchronous crypto
> implemented by software,
> only the hardware such as talitos implements async crypto.
>
> I am right,or I miss someting?
>
> thanks all.

by omara

于 12-1-1 上午2:13, Mark Allyn 写道:

> As far as I can see, I agree. The generic implementations all seem to
> be synchronous.

Thanks Allyn,I got it,happy new year to you.

2012-01-06 01:35:44

by Herbert Xu

Mark Allyn <[email protected]> wrote:

> As far as I can see, I agree. The generic implementations all seem to
> be synchronous.

We do have pcrypt which is a wrapper that turns any sync
implementation into an async one by spreading requests across
CPUs.

Email: Herbert Xu <[email protected]>