Subject: HMAC test fails for big key using libkcapi

Hi All,

I am using libkcapi to execute HMAC tests. One of key size is 229248 bytes. setsockopt(tfmfd, SOL_ALG, ALG_SET_KEY API fails to set the key.
I am not getting an option to set the buffer size to higher value.

Can you please provide me inputs on how to set the higher buffer size to socket?

Regards,
Jayalakshmi

2020-08-24 15:31:23

by Stephan Müller

Subject: Re: HMAC test fails for big key using libkcapi

Am Montag, 24. August 2020, 16:41:13 CEST schrieb Bhat, Jayalakshmi Manjunath:

Hi Jayalakshmi,

> Hi All,
>
> I am using libkcapi to execute HMAC tests. One of key size is 229248 bytes.
> setsockopt(tfmfd, SOL_ALG, ALG_SET_KEY API fails to set the key. I am not
> getting an option to set the buffer size to higher value.
>
> Can you please provide me inputs on how to set the higher buffer size to
> socket?

Update your network write buffer size?

/proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default

> Regards,
> Jayalakshmi

Ciao
Stephan

Hi Stephen,

It worked, thank you so much

Regards,
Jaya

Am Montag, 24. August 2020, 16:41:13 CEST schrieb Bhat, Jayalakshmi Manjunath:

Hi Jayalakshmi,

> Hi All,
>
> I am using libkcapi to execute HMAC tests. One of key size is 229248 bytes.
> setsockopt(tfmfd, SOL_ALG, ALG_SET_KEY API fails to set the key. I am
> not getting an option to set the buffer size to higher value.
>
> Can you please provide me inputs on how to set the higher buffer size
> to socket?

Update your network write buffer size?

/proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default

> Regards,