2003-09-11 15:32:25

by Chip Salzenberg

Subject: New version of nfs-utils please!

I just fixed a crash bug in rpc.mountd and made an upload to Debian
unstable, so Debian users are OK. But what about everyone else?

Isn't it time to make a 1.0.6 version?
--
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <[email protected]>
but he stepped in a wormhole and had to go in early." // MST3K

by NeilBrown

Subject: Re: New version of nfs-utils please!

On Thursday September 11, [email protected] wrote:
> I just fixed a crash bug in rpc.mountd and made an upload to Debian
> unstable, so Debian users are OK. But what about everyone else?
>
> Isn't it time to make a 1.0.6 version?

I guess so. I've just fixed the reported 'statd segfaults' problem.

I've a long list of other things I want to fix, but they aren't
urgent, and they wont get done today!

I've updated configure and nfs-utils.spec. If you would like to make
any appropriate changes to ChangeLog and debian/* to reflect the new
version number, I will tag it and make a release on Monday.

NeilBrown

(Thanks for fixing get_reliable_hostbyaddr. That was my code. I'm
ashamed....)

by Chip Salzenberg

According to Neil Brown:
> I've just fixed the reported 'statd segfaults' problem.

Cool beans. Really a glibc bug from the description, isn't it?

> If you would like to make any appropriate changes to ChangeLog and
> debian/* to reflect the new version number ...

Done! Thanks.