2003-01-06 16:17:33

by Joseph Marshall

Subject: Adapter teaming

Has anyone had any success using NFS on a server that is also doing Adapter teaming? For some reason when if I have adapter teaming set-up and an NFS share mounted my entire server will "lock-up". If I turn adpater teaming off, the NFS mount works fine. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

by Brian Tinsley

Subject: Re: Adapter teaming

Yes, we use both the Intel driver (iANS) and the stock bonding driver on
our NFS servers and have had no problems. More specifics on your
configuration would help.

Joseph Marshall wrote:

>Has anyone had any success using NFS on a server that is also doing Adapter teaming? For some reason when if I have adapter teaming set-up and an NFS share mounted my entire server will "lock-up". If I turn adpater teaming off, the NFS mount works fine. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Joe

-[========================]-
-[ Brian Tinsley ]-
-[ Chief Systems Engineer ]-
-[ Emageon ]-
-[========================]-

by Danny Smith

I've seen similar results when the teaming is misconfigured on the
switch, and hence losing packets (half of them in my case).
A quick ping should show that up fairly quickly.
Generally the bonding code works well for us.

--
Danny Smith
Senior Systems Administrator, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd

by Scott Mcdermott

Danny Smith on Mon 6/01 17:20 +0000:
> Generally the bonding code works well for us.

and me too, seems to work fine serving off of bond0 with 3c905C,
trunked to HP4000M