2009-08-21 23:45:02

by Eamon Walsh

Subject: [refpolicy] xserver: Dropping class information from type names

Many of the X object manager types have an object class name built-in,
e.g. input_xevent_t, user_xproperty_t, security_xextension_t. I feel as
though the class part is redundant and can be dropped. This would
result in some existing types being reused for new object classes, e.g.
user_t:x_property.

Any objection to this?

--
Eamon Walsh<[email protected]>
National Security Agency

2009-08-24 12:47:39

by cpebenito

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 19:45 -0400, Eamon Walsh wrote:
> Many of the X object manager types have an object class name built-in,
> e.g. input_xevent_t, user_xproperty_t, security_xextension_t. I feel as
> though the class part is redundant and can be dropped. This would
> result in some existing types being reused for new object classes, e.g.
> user_t:x_property.
>
> Any objection to this?

I need to see the patch to say for sure, but it sounds ok.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC