2009-05-25 23:59:56

by Galen P Zink

Subject: Ath9k Quality / STBC

What's the current status of ath9k in terms of quality? Usable for an
access point? Are all the Atheros 9xxx series chipsets supported?

The only feature I see that's missing is STBC. It seems like STBC is a
pretty useful feature with 802.11n MIMO and the three(!) rx capability
of many of the Atheros cards. Is there a reason STBC is not
implemented? Is there no value to it? Has anybody done any comparisons?

-Galen

Subject: Re: Ath9k Quality / STBC

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 04:48:25AM +0530, Galen P Zink wrote:
> What's the current status of ath9k in terms of quality?

good.

> access point?

Works fine, hostpad needs to be used for AP mode.

>Are all the Atheros 9xxx series chipsets supported?

All 9xxx family chipsets available in market are supported.

> The only feature I see that's missing is STBC. It seems like STBC is a
> pretty useful feature with 802.11n MIMO and the three(!) rx capability
> of many of the Atheros cards. Is there a reason STBC is not
> implemented?

Yeah, it does not have STBC support. There is no reason for not
having this feature, we have a plan for this one.

> Has anybody done any comparisons?

No.

Vasanth