2011-05-18 16:22:00

by Stevie Trujillo

Subject: iwlagn: 2.6.38.6 memory corruption when unloading module?

Hello,

I have a Dell-XPS 15 with a Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030 BGN card.
Doing modprobe -r iwlagn; modprobe iwlagn makes my kernel crash (sometimes I
have to repeat it).
I managed to get a backtrace (the file "dmesg-kexec.txt" attached) with the
advice of Milton Miller.
I also tried to boot with slub_debug=FZ (not exactly sure what that does) -
dmesg attached in "dmesg-slub_debug.txt".

--
Stevie Trujillo

Attachments:
dmesg-slub_debug.txt (130.30 kB)
dmesg-kexec.txt (114.34 kB)

by Wey-Yi Guy

Hi Stevie,
On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 09:21 -0700, Stevie Trujillo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Dell-XPS 15 with a Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030 BGN card.
> Doing modprobe -r iwlagn; modprobe iwlagn makes my kernel crash (sometimes I
> have to repeat it).
> I managed to get a backtrace (the file "dmesg-kexec.txt" attached) with the
> advice of Milton Miller.
> I also tried to boot with slub_debug=FZ (not exactly sure what that does) -
> dmesg attached in "dmesg-slub_debug.txt".

> --
Thank you for the data, we are look into this issue and try to
re-produce the problem here. I will update you on our finding.

Could you create a bug in http://bugzilla.intellinuxwireless.org/ with
the information?

Thanks
Wey