2010-09-20 02:32:34

by Dale Turner

Subject: Compiling carl9170

Hello.

Can someone tell me how to compile the carl9170 module
WITHOUT compiling a complete kernel. I just purchased a TP-Link WN821N
based on the capabilities of this driver, but am disappointed that I
currently don't have the module.

I am familiar with the
compat-wireless packages as I have needed to compile the ath9k_htc
driver for my other adapter (TP-Link WN721N), but the carl driver does
not seem to be available in that package.

Can anyone help??

Thanks in advance.

(Sorry about the first post without a subject)

Dale Turner

2010-09-20 07:15:40

by Christophe Chapuis

Subject: Re: Compiling carl9170

Actually, the carl9170 driver has been included in compat-wireless,
but the compilation of compat-wireless fails since then (latest
successful baking was sept. 12th). I hope this will be fixed soon.
Having the same adapter as you, I'm also following the situation daily :)

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Dale Turner <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Can someone tell me how to compile the carl9170 module
> WITHOUT compiling a complete kernel. I just purchased a TP-Link WN821N
> based on the capabilities of this driver, but am disappointed that I
> currently don't have the module.
>
> I am familiar with the
> compat-wireless packages as I have needed to compile the ath9k_htc
> driver for my other adapter (TP-Link WN721N), but the carl driver does
> not seem to be available in that package.
>
> Can anyone help??
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> (Sorry about the first post without a subject)
>
> Dale Turner
> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

2010-09-23 12:49:33

by Chuck Crisler

What kind of APs are you connecting to that n is working well with? I have
heard that n doesn't work well in general.

Chuck