2023-04-14 20:07:47

by Larry Finger

Subject: Question about rtw88 patches

Kalle,

Has something gone wrong with Sasha's rtw88 patches to fix the hardware queue
selection in rtw88 [1], and the corresponding rfe field width fix [2]. These two
patches are included in my GitHub repo for rtw88, and they fix the ubiquitous
"timed out to flush queue" warnings.

Larry

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/[email protected]/
[2]
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/[email protected]/

2023-04-15 04:10:43

by Ping-Ke Shih

Subject: Re: Question about rtw88 patches

On Fri, 2023-04-14 at 14:50 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:

> Kalle,
>
> Has something gone wrong with Sasha's rtw88 patches to fix the hardware queue
> selection in rtw88 [1], and the corresponding rfe field width fix [2]. These two
> patches are included in my GitHub repo for rtw88, and they fix the ubiquitous
> "timed out to flush queue" warnings.
>
> Larry
>
> [1]
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/[email protected]/
> [2]
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/[email protected]/

Hi Larry,

I think this is because I have some suggestions of [2] to improve further.
Do you think we can take this temporary version in advance?

Ping-Ke

2023-04-15 06:34:06

by Kalle Valo

Ping-Ke Shih <[email protected]> writes:

> On Fri, 2023-04-14 at 14:50 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
>>
>> Kalle,
>>
>> Has something gone wrong with Sasha's rtw88 patches to fix the hardware queue
>> selection in rtw88 [1], and the corresponding rfe field width fix [2]. These two
>> patches are included in my GitHub repo for rtw88, and they fix the ubiquitous
>> "timed out to flush queue" warnings.
>>
>> Larry
>>
>> [1]
>> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/[email protected]/
>> [2]
>> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/[email protected]/
>>

> Hi Larry,
>
> I think this is because I have some suggestions of [2] to improve further.
> Do you think we can take this temporary version in advance?

Yeah, I put the patches in patchwork to "Changes Requested" as Ping had
comments for them:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/?series=736690&state=*&order=date

My assumption was that there will be v3.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches

2023-04-15 17:37:32

by Larry Finger

On 4/14/23 23:00, Ping-Ke Shih wrote:
> On Fri, 2023-04-14 at 14:50 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
>>
>> Kalle,
>>
>> Has something gone wrong with Sasha's rtw88 patches to fix the hardware queue
>> selection in rtw88 [1], and the corresponding rfe field width fix [2]. These two
>> patches are included in my GitHub repo for rtw88, and they fix the ubiquitous
>> "timed out to flush queue" warnings.
>>
>> Larry
>>
>> [1]
>> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/[email protected]/
>> [2]
>> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/[email protected]/
>>

> Hi Larry,
>
> I think this is because I have some suggestions of [2] to improve further.
> Do you think we can take this temporary version in advance?

Ping-Ke,

I think these two should be applied as soon as possible. Any further
improvements should be made on top of [2]. The log spamming that happens without
these patches is extreme.

Larry