2011-04-25 10:44:32

by Richard Schütz

Subject: Prefer specific wireless standard

I want to prefer 5 GHz access points over 2.4 GHz access points in an
environment where both types are available with the same SSID, because
the load on the 5 GHz cells is much lower and they also support HT40. Is
there a way to reach this without forcing the client to connect to one
specific access point and as a result losing roaming capability?

Richard Sch?tz

2011-04-25 18:50:27

by Luis R. Rodriguez

Subject: Re: Prefer specific wireless standard

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Richard Schütz <[email protected]> wrote:
> I want to prefer 5 GHz access points over 2.4 GHz access points in an
> environment where both types are available with the same SSID, because the
> load on the 5 GHz cells is much lower and they also support HT40. Is there a
> way to reach this without forcing the client to connect to one specific
> access point and as a result losing roaming capability?

Sounds like supplicant heuristics you can work on.

Luis