2011-12-09 18:27:36

by Larry Finger

Subject: RFKILL switch operations with b43

Does anyone have a laptop with a slide switch (definite on/off positions) and is
using b43? If so, are the "ENABLED" and "DISABLED" messages logged when you move
the switches? What kernel are you using?

The mini-PCIe slot in my laptop is broken, and I need to use an extender, thus I
cannot do the test myself.

Thanks,

Larry

2011-12-09 18:45:34

by Michael Büsch

Subject: Re: RFKILL switch operations with b43

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:27:33 -0600
Larry Finger <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anyone have a laptop with a slide switch (definite on/off positions) and is
> using b43? If so, are the "ENABLED" and "DISABLED" messages logged when you move
> the switches? What kernel are you using?
>
> The mini-PCIe slot in my laptop is broken, and I need to use an extender, thus I
> cannot do the test myself.

If you're not too fat fingered, you can probably modify your extender to add a switch
or jumper (or loose wire ;) that pulls pin20 to GND with a resistor or floats it.
That should emulate the rfkill input signal to the wireless device.

http://pinoutsguide.com/Slots/mini_pcie_pinout.shtml

--
Greetings, Michael.

2011-12-14 09:21:19

by Rafał Miłecki

2011/12/9 Larry Finger <[email protected]>:
> Does anyone have a laptop with a slide switch (definite on/off positions)
> and is using b43? If so, are the "ENABLED" and "DISABLED" messages logged
> when you move the switches? What kernel are you using?

As noone responded, I'll try to turn on my half-dead (head less) old
Acer notebook. It has mini PCI slot, so I'll able to test it with
BCM4318 anr BCM4322, but it should not make any difference I guess.

--
Rafał