2013-10-10 16:09:33

by Cedric VONCKEN

Subject: ATH9K: CST interrupt issue

I using the DNMA-H5 from unex and compat 2013-04-16.

If the equipment with this card is placed in 30?C environment, with iperf I can send 150 Mbit/s.

If the equipment with this card is placed in 0?C environment my throughput is not stable and is around 40Mbit/s.
In this condition, I receive some CST interrupt burst. If I correctly understand the ATH9K driver code, when this interruption occur the driver only increase the interrupt counter.

Have you any information on this interrupt ? I googled but I don't found any information.
Do you know if the driver need a specific action to handle it ? If yes, could you give me some pointer to do that ?

How I can increase the timeout Value ?

If I tried with other Wireless card (DNMA-83 from unex for example) I have not this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards.
Cedric Voncken

2013-10-10 19:04:12

by Oleksij Rempel

Subject: Re: ATH9K: CST interrupt issue

Am 10.10.2013 17:49, schrieb Cedric VONCKEN:
> I using the DNMA-H5 from unex and compat 2013-04-16.
>
> If the equipment with this card is placed in 30°C environment, with iperf I can send 150 Mbit/s.
>
> If the equipment with this card is placed in 0°C environment my throughput is not stable and is around 40Mbit/s.
> In this condition, I receive some CST interrupt burst. If I correctly understand the ATH9K driver code, when this interruption occur the driver only increase the interrupt counter.
>
> Have you any information on this interrupt ? I googled but I don't found any information.

CST - Carrier Sense Timeout.

> Do you know if the driver need a specific action to handle it ? If yes, could you give me some pointer to do that ?

I do not know. May be some body else knows.

> How I can increase the timeout Value ?

See AR_CST_TIMEOUT_LIMIT, it should be in useconds.

> If I tried with other Wireless card (DNMA-83 from unex for example) I have not this problem.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

Oleksij