2012-02-09 13:05:06

by Lars Bro

Subject: mac80211 fixed rate packet injection

Hi,

At Jan 20, Sam Leffler posted a patch for enabeling packet injection with the
rate specified in the radiotap message. Did this ever make its way to the
release, or was it rejected.

I am investigating the feasibility of using such a function for train-wayside
communication where it is more important that all wayside radios that receive a
message forward it to the central. This use case does not comply with the
association-disassociation scheme, as this is one-to-one.

Lars Bro

2012-02-09 22:54:14

by Sam Leffler

Subject: Re: mac80211 fixed rate packet injection

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Lars Bro <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Jan 20, Sam Leffler posted a patch for enabeling packet injection with the
> rate specified in the radiotap message. Did this ever make its way to the
> release, or was it rejected.
>
> I am investigating the feasibility of using such a function for train-wayside
> communication where it is more important that all wayside radios that receive a
> message forward it to the central. This use case does not comply with the
> association-disassociation scheme, as this is one-to-one.

I was asked to remove a WARN_ON but haven't had time to re-spin the
patch. Feel free to grab it and resubmit...

-Sam

2012-02-09 13:42:58

by Roberto Riggio

I'm also using packet injection in a custom mesh routing protocol that
does not rely on the association scheme provided by wifi. At the moment
I'm using it with madwifi, but I'm very interested in testing it also
with ath9k and ath5k, so this patch would be very useful to me.

On 02/09/2012 01:38 PM, Lars Bro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Jan 20, Sam Leffler posted a patch for enabeling packet injection with the
> rate specified in the radiotap message. Did this ever make its way to the
> release, or was it rejected.
>
> I am investigating the feasibility of using such a function for train-wayside
> communication where it is more important that all wayside radios that receive a
> message forward it to the central. This use case does not comply with the
> association-disassociation scheme, as this is one-to-one.
>
> Lars Bro

Roberto Riggio, Ph.D.
CREATE-NET
Network & Security Solutions for Pervasive Computing Systems (iNSPIRE)
Senior Researcher
Via alla Cascata 56/D - 38123 Povo Trento (Italy)
e-mail: [email protected]
Tel: (+39) 0461 408400 - interno/extension 708
Fax: (+39) 0461 421157
http://www.create-net.org/~rriggio

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited according to
the Italian Law 196/2003 of the Legislature. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e nei
file allegati sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il loro
utilizzo e' consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio, per
le finalita' indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceveste questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla cancellazione del
messaggio stesso dal Vostro sistema. Trattenere il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo,
od utilizzarlo per finalita' diverse, costituisce comportamento
contrario ai principi dettati dal D. Lgs. 196/2003.