Subject: Bluetooth is active on the channel where wifi is also active

Marcel,

I'm seeing a weird behavior with Broadcom blue tooth chip where it does not seem to skip
the channel which is currently used by WLAN. I'm using 2.6.27-rc8-wl, is there any configuration
that i'm missing?

hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:16:44:90:1C:3B ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:167272 acl:84 sco:0 events:22936 errors:0
TX bytes:39460771 acl:45531 sco:0 commands:97 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8f 0xfe 0x9b 0xff 0x79 0x83
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'XXXX'
Class: 0x18010c
Service Classes: Capturing, Object Transfer
Device Class: Computer, Laptop
HCI Ver: 2.1 (0x4) HCI Rev: 0x5115 LMP Ver: 2.1 (0x4) LMP Subver: 0x423d
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corporation (15)

Thanks,
Vasanth

2008-11-25 05:32:20

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Vasanth,

> I'm seeing a weird behavior with Broadcom blue tooth chip where it
> does not seem to skip
> the channel which is currently used by WLAN. I'm using 2.6.27-rc8-
> wl, is there any configuration
> that i'm missing?

if you have an active Bluetooth connection, then you can check with
hcitool afh for the actual current channel mapping. Also hciconfig
hci0 afhmode shows it AFH is actually enabled or (should be by default).

And please remember that AFH is only active connection. When talking
about inquiry then there is no such thing.

Regards

Marcel

2008-11-25 05:54:42

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Vasanth,

>> ou have an active Bluetooth connection, then you can check with
>> hcitool afh for the actual current channel mapping.
>
> Yeah, I checked this one, it is showing 0xffffffffffffffffff7f.
> Should we need to configure with the appropriate channel mask
> so that it will skip 2.4 Ghz wifi channels?, I dont find any option
> to set this mask though.

maybe that is a bug in the new Broadcom chips. AFH should be auto-
detecting WiFi channels, but there is a HCI command to manually
influence this mapping.

Regards

Marcel

> Yeah, hci commands Write_AFH_Channel_Classification_Mode and
> Set_AFH_Host_Channel_Classification seem to have influence on
> afh channel map. But the problem is, I could not find a way
> to send these commands from hci utils. Is it possible to give
> standard hci commands from any of the hci utilities?. I tried
> 'cmd' option in hcitool but it does not seem to work.

Never mind, these hci commands are not handled in
hci_core.

Thanks,

Vasanth