2010-07-16 08:43:49

by Robert P. J. Day

Subject: what's the status of ATHEROS_AR71XX config variable?

from drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/Makefile:

ath9k-$(CONFIG_ATHEROS_AR71XX) += ahb.o

but there is no such config variable. so i'm thinking *something*
should be removed.

rday

http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

by Luis R. Rodriguez

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 3:45 AM, Felix Fietkau <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2010-07-16 10:43 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>
>>   from drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/Makefile:
>>
>> ath9k-$(CONFIG_ATHEROS_AR71XX) += ahb.o
>>
>> but there is no such config variable.  so i'm thinking *something*
>> should be removed.
> The platform port for AR71xx hasn't been submitted upstream yet. But the
> code in ahb.c is actively being used in OpenWrt.
>
> I don't know what the status on submitting the code to linux-mips is,
> but I've Cc'd Gabor, he should know ;)

If its actively being supporting and tested, why not submit it now?
Any particular large pending blockers?

Luis

2010-07-16 10:57:53

by Robert P. J. Day

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Felix Fietkau wrote:

> On 2010-07-16 10:43 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> > from drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/Makefile:
> >
> > ath9k-$(CONFIG_ATHEROS_AR71XX) += ahb.o
> >
> > but there is no such config variable. so i'm thinking *something*
> > should be removed.

> The platform port for AR71xx hasn't been submitted upstream yet. But
> the code in ahb.c is actively being used in OpenWrt.
>
> I don't know what the status on submitting the code to linux-mips
> is, but I've Cc'd Gabor, he should know ;)

ok. i wasn't passing judgment one way or the other, just making an
observation that the mainstream kernel doesn't define that config
variable. you can take it from here.

rday

http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

by Felix Fietkau

On 2010-07-16 10:43 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> from drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/Makefile:
>
> ath9k-$(CONFIG_ATHEROS_AR71XX) += ahb.o
>
> but there is no such config variable. so i'm thinking *something*
> should be removed.
The platform port for AR71xx hasn't been submitted upstream yet. But the
code in ahb.c is actively being used in OpenWrt.

I don't know what the status on submitting the code to linux-mips is,
but I've Cc'd Gabor, he should know ;)

- Felix