2018-01-08 08:38:30

by Aishwarya Pant

Subject: Documentation: rapidio: move sysfs interface to ABI

Hi

In Documentation/rapidio/sysfs.txt, there is a description of the sysfs
interface which could be moved to Documentation/ABI (as a bus interface under
testing).

Would such a change be useful?

The ABI documentation format looks like the following:

What: (the full sysfs path of the attribute)
Date: (date of creation)
KernelVersion: (kernel version it first showed up in)
Contact: (primary contact)

I am doing this in an exercise to move sysfs ABI interfaces (which are
documented) to their right place i.e. in Documentation/ABI along with the rest.

Aishwarya

2018-01-08 08:58:18

by Ozgur

08.01.2018, 11:38, "Aishwarya Pant" <[email protected]>:
> Hi

Hello,

> In Documentation/rapidio/sysfs.txt, there is a description of the sysfs
> interface which could be moved to Documentation/ABI (as a bus interface under
> testing).
>
> Would such a change be useful?
>
> The ABI documentation format looks like the following:
>
> What: (the full sysfs path of the attribute)
> Date: (date of creation)
> KernelVersion: (kernel version it first showed up in)
> Contact: (primary contact)

Please you make the change you want after send your patch it diff format, right?
I think a better decision can be made.

> I am doing this in an exercise to move sysfs ABI interfaces (which are
> documented) to their right place i.e. in Documentation/ABI along with the rest.
>
> Aishwarya

Regards

Ozgur

2018-01-08 09:03:02

by Aishwarya Pant

On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 11:58:12AM +0300, Ozgur wrote:

> 08.01.2018, 11:38, "Aishwarya Pant" <[email protected]>:
> > Hi
>
> Hello,
>
> > In Documentation/rapidio/sysfs.txt, there is a description of the sysfs
> > interface which could be moved to Documentation/ABI (as a bus interface under
> > testing).
> >
> > Would such a change be useful?
> >
> > The ABI documentation format looks like the following:
> >
> > What: (the full sysfs path of the attribute)
> > Date: (date of creation)
> > KernelVersion: (kernel version it first showed up in)
> > Contact: (primary contact)
>
> Please you make the change you want after send your patch it diff format, right?
> I think a better decision can be made.

This is the idea. If this change is acceptable, then I can make a patch and send
it for review.

Aishwarya

> > I am doing this in an exercise to move sysfs ABI interfaces (which are
> > documented) to their right place i.e. in Documentation/ABI along with the rest.
> >
> > Aishwarya
>
> Regards
>
> Ozgur

2018-01-08 09:21:07

by Ozgur

08.01.2018, 12:03, "Aishwarya Pant" <[email protected]>:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 11:58:12AM +0300, Ozgur wrote:
>>  08.01.2018, 11:38, "Aishwarya Pant" <[email protected]>:
>>  > Hi
>>
>>  Hello,
>>
>>  > In Documentation/rapidio/sysfs.txt, there is a description of the sysfs
>>  > interface which could be moved to Documentation/ABI (as a bus interface under
>>  > testing).
>>  >
>>  > Would such a change be useful?
>>  >
>>  > The ABI documentation format looks like the following:
>>  >
>>  > What: (the full sysfs path of the attribute)
>>  > Date: (date of creation)
>>  > KernelVersion: (kernel version it first showed up in)
>>  > Contact: (primary contact)
>>
>>  Please you make the change you want after send your patch it diff format, right?
>>  I think a better decision can be made.
>
> This is the idea. If this change is acceptable, then I can make a patch and send
> it for review.

Hm,

I think firstly you should send the patch then everybody checked and change is decided.

Regards

Ozgur