2021-05-25 15:41:49

by Hamza Mahfooz

Subject: Question regarding the TODO in virt/kvm/kvm_main.c:226

Would it be preferable to remove kvm_arch_vcpu_should_kick or
kvm_request_needs_ipi when merging them. I ask since, the last time I
checked, both functions are only used in kvm_main.c on Linus's tree.

2021-06-25 05:17:05

by Hamza Mahfooz

ping

On Tue, May 25 2021 at 07:45:53 AM -0400, Hamza Mahfooz
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Would it be preferable to remove kvm_arch_vcpu_should_kick or
> kvm_request_needs_ipi when merging them. I ask since, the last time I
> checked, both functions are only used in kvm_main.c on Linus's tree.

2021-06-25 17:21:52

by Paolo Bonzini

On 25/06/21 07:16, Hamza Mahfooz wrote:
> ping
>
> On Tue, May 25 2021 at 07:45:53 AM -0400, Hamza Mahfooz
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Would it be preferable to remove kvm_arch_vcpu_should_kick or
>> kvm_request_needs_ipi when merging them. I ask since, the last time I
>> checked, both functions are only used in kvm_main.c on Linus's tree.

I think none, the logic have changed enough that the TODO is obsolete.

Paolo