2014-04-01 04:32:46

by Viresh Kumar

Subject: Re: [RFC 2/4] timer: don't migrate pinned timers

On 31 March 2014 21:26, Kevin Hilman <[email protected]> wrote:
> Viresh Kumar <[email protected]> writes:
>> + if (is_pinned) {
>> + pr_warn("%s: can't migrate pinned timer: %p, removing it\n",
>> + __func__, timer);
>
> printk message will be confusing: removing it from what?

Hmm.. So, I am looking to do two modifications here. Just need inputs
if that would be the right thing to do:

- do a WARN() here as these timers should have been already removed
- change print to: "can't migrate pinned timer %p, deactivating timer"

Looks fine?

2014-04-04 15:15:25

by Kevin Hilman

Viresh Kumar <[email protected]> writes:

> On 31 March 2014 21:26, Kevin Hilman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Viresh Kumar <[email protected]> writes:
>>> + if (is_pinned) {
>>> + pr_warn("%s: can't migrate pinned timer: %p, removing it\n",
>>> + __func__, timer);
>>
>> printk message will be confusing: removing it from what?
>
> Hmm.. So, I am looking to do two modifications here. Just need inputs
> if that would be the right thing to do:
>
> - do a WARN() here as these timers should have been already removed
> - change print to: "can't migrate pinned timer %p, deactivating timer"
>
> Looks fine?

Yes.