2015-02-19 15:39:51

by Keith Conger

Subject: Re: android-bluez with usb adapter

Can't seem to figure out why audio.a2dp.default.so isn't being built.

It seems almost like its not even trying to start bluetoothd. I
wrapped it with strace, and it didn't create a trace log.

--
Keith Conger
keith DOT conger AT gmail DOT com
http://thecongers.org

2015-02-20 16:30:55

by Szymon Janc

Hi Keith,

On Friday 20 of February 2015 07:59:10 Keith Conger wrote:
> If I figure it out I'll let you know.

I've already pushed a patch that should fix installation path on KK.

> I'm also trying to figure out
> why audio.a2dp.default and audio.sco.default aren't being build
> automatically.

Those libs are optional so you need to add them to PRODUCT_PACKAGES for your device.
Check for reference (this is for mako (Nexus 4)):
https://code.google.com/p/aosp-bluez/source/browse/device.mk?repo=device-lge-mako#183

--
Best regards,
Szymon Janc

2015-02-20 14:59:10

by Keith Conger

If I figure it out I'll let you know. I'm also trying to figure out

--
Keith Conger
keith DOT conger AT gmail DOT com
http://thecongers.org

2015-02-20 10:05:10

--
Best regards,
Szymon Janc

2015-02-19 18:49:43

by Keith Conger

--
Keith Conger
keith DOT conger AT gmail DOT com
http://thecongers.org

2015-02-19 17:25:57

by Keith Conger

--
Keith Conger
keith DOT conger AT gmail DOT com
http://thecongers.org

2015-02-19 16:31:32

by Keith Conger

--
Keith Conger
keith DOT conger AT gmail DOT com
http://thecongers.org

2015-02-19 16:08:47

by Szymon Janc

Hi Keith,

On Thursday 19 of February 2015 09:06:01 Keith Conger wrote:
> Thanks I'll try that, do you know which BoardConfig option triggers
> its build? Eventually I'd like to send my work in getting Bluez in the
> bbbandroid repo to its maintainer.

I think the problem with bt working from haltest but not from java is that this
board of your is using kernel for emulator.

This is from your logcat:
I/SystemServer( 595): No Bluetooh Service (emulator)

and check this for reference:
http://androidxref.com/5.0.0_r2/xref/frameworks/base/services/java/com/android/server/SystemServer.java#487

> Thanks,
> Keith
>
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Andrei Emeltchenko
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi Keith,
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 08:39:51AM -0700, Keith Conger wrote:
> >> Can't seem to figure out why audio.a2dp.default.so isn't being built.
> >>

> > This depends on your Android board configuration.
> >
> > afaik you can still build it locally with "mm" and copy to target
> >
> > adb sync should be enough
> >
> > Best regards
> > Andrei Emeltchenko
> >

> >> It seems almost like its not even trying to start bluetoothd. I
> >> wrapped it with strace, and it didn't create a trace log.

> >> --
> >> Keith Conger
> >> keith DOT conger AT gmail DOT com
> >> http://thecongers.org
> >> --
> >> the body of a message to [email protected]
> >> More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

--
Best regards,
Szymon Janc

2015-02-19 16:06:01

by Keith Conger

<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 08:39:51AM -0700, Keith Conger wrote:
>> Can't seem to figure out why audio.a2dp.default.so isn't being built.
>>

> This depends on your Android board configuration.
>
> afaik you can still build it locally with "mm" and copy to target
>
> adb sync should be enough
>
> Best regards
> Andrei Emeltchenko
>

>> It seems almost like its not even trying to start bluetoothd. I
>> wrapped it with strace, and it didn't create a trace log.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Keith Conger <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > Ok I added the additional kernel modules.
>> >
>> > Here is a logcat from boot to turning on bluetooth in the UI.
>> >
>> > For some reason audio.a2dp.default.so didn't get built, I'm looking into that.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Keith

>> > --
>> > Keith Conger
>> > keith DOT conger AT gmail DOT com
>> > http://thecongers.org
>>

>> --
>> Keith Conger
>> keith DOT conger AT gmail DOT com
>> http://thecongers.org
>> --
>> the body of a message to [email protected]

Keith Conger
keith DOT conger AT gmail DOT com
http://thecongers.org

2015-02-19 16:02:16