2003-10-29 16:25:16

by Chip Salzenberg

Subject: CVS tag "nfs-utils-1-0-6" looks wrong

Neil, do you know what went wrong with the CVS tags for 1.0.6? I
fixed the one on debian/changelog and then noticed that they seem
wrong all over the module.
--
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <[email protected]>
but he stepped in a wormhole and had to go in early." // MST3K

by Chip Salzenberg

Subject: Re: CVS tag "nfs-utils-1-0-6" looks wrong

According to Chip Salzenberg:
> Neil, do you know what went wrong with the CVS tags for 1.0.6?

BTW, the 1.0.6 tarball also omits debian/po/* adn includes the empty
and obsolete directory etc/debian.
--
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <[email protected]>
but he stepped in a wormhole and had to go in early." // MST3K

by NeilBrown

On Wednesday October 29, [email protected] wrote:
> Neil, do you know what went wrong with the CVS tags for 1.0.6? I
> fixed the one on debian/changelog and then noticed that they seem
> wrong all over the module.

I must have done "cvs tag" from the wrong directory :-)
I have now done it from the right place and all the tags look OK.

Thanks.
NeilBrown

by NeilBrown

On Wednesday October 29, [email protected] wrote:
> According to Chip Salzenberg:
> > Neil, do you know what went wrong with the CVS tags for 1.0.6?
>
> BTW, the 1.0.6 tarball also omits debian/po/* adn includes the empty
> and obsolete directory etc/debian.

When I use CVS to checkout nfs-utils, I don't get debian/po, but I do
get etc/debian.

Did you
cvs add debian/po
and
cvs remove etc/debian
??

Could you do that (even if you think you did), then "cvs commit" and
let me know, and I will see what "cvs update" gives me.

NeilBrown

by Chip Salzenberg

According to Neil Brown:
> When I use CVS to checkout nfs-utils, I don't get debian/po, but I do
> get etc/debian.

That's probably because your "cvs update" is missing the "-d" and "-P"
flags.

> cvs add debian/po

Did it.

> cvs remove etc/debian

Can't do it -- not the way you mean, anyway. You can't really remove
a directory in CVS. That's why there's a "-P" option to "cvs update".
--
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <[email protected]>
but he stepped in a wormhole and had to go in early." // MST3K

by NeilBrown

On Wednesday October 29, [email protected] wrote:
> According to Neil Brown:
> > When I use CVS to checkout nfs-utils, I don't get debian/po, but I do
> > get etc/debian.
>
> That's probably because your "cvs update" is missing the "-d" and "-P"
> flags.

Ahhh. Thanks. "You learn something new every day".

I guess there is some reason why the whole thing isn't more
transparent....

The next release will have all the right bits in it.

NeilBrown