2007-02-21 11:39:04

by wolfgang

Subject: mount problems - possibly 64bit

I am trying to replace servers in an existing network by better ones (kernel 2.6.16 on amd 64bit)
The server has nfs-server-2.2beta51-225.x86_64.rpm installed

Trying to mount from an old (32bit) client ends with
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on server:/data
The server reports: /data has been mounted by 192.168.75.31
Trying to mount from a new system (2.6.16 running on a Pentium D) the result is
mount: cannot mount server:/data read-only
Again the server says that the mount was successful

Wolfgang

by Bernd Schubert

Subject: Re: mount problems - possibly 64bit

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 12:38, [email protected] wrote:
> I am trying to replace servers in an existing network by better ones
> (kernel 2.6.16 on amd 64bit) The server has
> nfs-server-2.2beta51-225.x86_64.rpm installed

Thats the userspace server, isn't it? Take the kernel server (or at least =

unfs3, if you really need a userspave daemon).

-- =

Bernd Schubert
PCI / Theoretische Chemie
Universit=E4t Heidelberg