2014-10-22 16:04:26

by Ali Abedi

Subject: Block ACK without frame aggregation

Hello,

I am interested to know if we can send multiple packets (non-aggregated,
single packets) and then ask
for a block ACK? I like to know if this functionality has been
implemented in ath9k or if
it is possible to achieve this with slight code modifications.

What I need:
Frame-SIFS-Frame-SIFS-Frame-SIFS-REQ Block ACK-SIFS-Block ACK

Best,
Ali

2014-10-23 03:35:31

by Kamran Nishat

Subject: Re: [ath9k-devel] Block ACK without frame aggregation

I think you should look in earlier drivers from Atheors. Because this
delayed BA for separate packets was introduced before 802.11n in
802.11e perhaps.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Adrian Chadd <[email protected]> wrote:
> I don't think mac80211 supports delayed-BA. :(
>

> -adrian
>

> On 22 October 2014 08:38, Ali Abedi <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am interested to know if we can send multiple packets (non-aggregated,
>> single packets) and then ask
>> for a block ACK? I like to know if this functionality has been
>> implemented in ath9k or if
>> it is possible to achieve this with slight code modifications.
>>
>> What I need:
>> Frame-SIFS-Frame-SIFS-Frame-SIFS-REQ Block ACK-SIFS-Block ACK
>>
>> Best,
>> Ali

by Ali Abedi

Dear Adrian and Kamran,

Thanks for your replies. I think we are not referring to the same concept.
Can you please have a look at the attache diagram. I need the middle one
the immediate BA not delayed BA.

Thanks,
Ali

On 14-10-22 11:18 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I don't think mac80211 supports delayed-BA. :(
>

> -adrian
>

> On 22 October 2014 08:38, Ali Abedi <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am interested to know if we can send multiple packets (non-aggregated,
>> single packets) and then ask
>> for a block ACK? I like to know if this functionality has been
>> implemented in ath9k or if
>> it is possible to achieve this with slight code modifications.
>>
>> What I need:
>> Frame-SIFS-Frame-SIFS-Frame-SIFS-REQ Block ACK-SIFS-Block ACK
>>
>> Best,
>> Ali

BA.png (577.46 kB)

2014-10-23 03:18:43