2005-11-16 16:10:53

by Gross, Mark

Subject: RE: [linux-pm] [RFC] userland swsusp

I worry that this is just adding more thrash to a historically unstable
implementation. How long do we users have to wait for a swsusp
implementation where we don't have to worry about breaking from one
kernel release to the next?

I agree with this post http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/9/15/125 and note that
making too large of a change thrashes the users a lot and if it doesn't
solve a real problem or enable something critical, why make the changes?

--mgross