2013-07-22 15:17:00

by Kiko Piris

Subject: 3.10.1 cpufreq suspend/resume regression still present in 3.10.2

Hi,

linux-3.10.1 introduced a regression in cpufreq breaking suspend/resume
cycle for some people [1].

There were also some other threads about it in lkml.

I see 3.10.2-stable was released some days ago. I couldn’t see anything
about fixing this regression reported in the changelog.

And to be 110% certain, I compiled it and tried suspending/resuming;
it’s still broken.

Is this going to be fixed in 3.10 stable branch?

Thank you very much in advance.

[1] first commit that bisect informed as introducing the regression:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux.kernel/LUi1pFCxbSI

--
Kiko

2013-07-22 15:26:05

by Srivatsa S. Bhat

On 07/22/2013 08:46 PM, Kiko Piris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> linux-3.10.1 introduced a regression in cpufreq breaking suspend/resume
> cycle for some people [1].
>
> There were also some other threads about it in lkml.
>
> I see 3.10.2-stable was released some days ago. I couldn’t see anything
> about fixing this regression reported in the changelog.
>
> And to be 110% certain, I compiled it and tried suspending/resuming;
> it’s still broken.
>
> Is this going to be fixed in 3.10 stable branch?

The patches that fix that regression went into mainline just a few days
ago as these commits:

commit aae760ed21cd690fe8a6db9f3a177ad55d7e12ab