2020-11-25 01:21:55

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Subject: Re: [BlueZ] main.conf: use correct key for BREDR configuration

Hi Ronan,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 4:07 PM <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is automated email and please do not reply to this email!
>
> Dear submitter,
>
> Thank you for submitting the patches to the linux bluetooth mailing list.
> This is a CI test results with your patch series:
> PW Link:https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/bluetooth/list/?series=390539
>
> ---Test result---
>
> ##############################
> Test: CheckPatch - PASS
>
> ##############################
> Test: CheckGitLint - PASS
>
> ##############################
> Test: CheckBuild - PASS
>
> ##############################
> Test: MakeCheck - PASS
>

> ---
> Regards,
> Linux Bluetooth

Applied, thanks.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

2020-12-01 20:35:44

by Alain Michaud

Hi Luiz/Ronan,

This appears to have been an incorrect fix since
parse_mode_config(config, "BREDR", params, ARRAY_SIZE(params)); will
attempt to read from the BREDR section. My suggestion would be to
update the group table entry instead:

static const struct group_table {
const char *name;
const char **options;
} valid_groups[] = {
{ "General", supported_options },
{ "BREDR", br_options }, //<------
{ "LE", le_options },
{ "Policy", policy_options },
{ "GATT", gatt_options },
{ "AVDTP", avdtp_options },
{ }
};

Thanks,
Alain

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 8:21 PM Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Ronan,
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 4:07 PM <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > This is automated email and please do not reply to this email!
> >
> > Dear submitter,
> >
> > Thank you for submitting the patches to the linux bluetooth mailing list.
> > This is a CI test results with your patch series:
> > PW Link:https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/bluetooth/list/?series=390539
> >
> > ---Test result---
> >
> > ##############################
> > Test: CheckPatch - PASS
> >
> > ##############################
> > Test: CheckGitLint - PASS
> >
> > ##############################
> > Test: CheckBuild - PASS
> >
> > ##############################
> > Test: MakeCheck - PASS
> >

> > ---
> > Regards,
> > Linux Bluetooth
>
> Applied, thanks.
>

> --
> Luiz Augusto von Dentz

2020-12-01 22:57:05

by Ronan Pigott

On Tue Dec 1, 2020 at 8:33 AM MST, Alain Michaud wrote:
> Hi Luiz/Ronan,
>
> This appears to have been an incorrect fix since
> parse_mode_config(config, "BREDR", params, ARRAY_SIZE(params)); will
> attempt to read from the BREDR section. My suggestion would be to
> update the group table entry instead:

Oh, that's right. Whoops.

Updating the group table sounds good to me.

2020-12-01 23:05:40

by Alain Michaud

I likely won't get to it for a little while, but if someone will be
fixing this, we also noticed this issue while reviewing the related
patch:

{ "PageTimeout",
&btd_opts.defaults.br.page_timeout,
sizeof(btd_opts.defaults.br.page_scan_win), //<-- this should also be
page_timeout rather than page_scan_win
0x0001,
0xFFFF},

Thanks!
Alain

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 5:53 PM Ronan Pigott <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue Dec 1, 2020 at 8:33 AM MST, Alain Michaud wrote:
> > Hi Luiz/Ronan,
> >
> > This appears to have been an incorrect fix since
> > parse_mode_config(config, "BREDR", params, ARRAY_SIZE(params)); will
> > attempt to read from the BREDR section. My suggestion would be to
> > update the group table entry instead:
>
> Oh, that's right. Whoops.
>
> Updating the group table sounds good to me.

2020-12-01 23:14:50

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi Alain,

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 3:03 PM Alain Michaud <[email protected]> wrote:

> I likely won't get to it for a little while, but if someone will be
> fixing this, we also noticed this issue while reviewing the related
> patch:
>
> { "PageTimeout",
> &btd_opts.defaults.br.page_timeout,
> sizeof(btd_opts.defaults.br.page_scan_win), //<-- this should also be
> page_timeout rather than page_scan_win
> 0x0001,
> 0xFFFF},

Nice catch:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/?id=a37d53db9ae7d21a8f812925303d767d3f03e597

> Thanks!
> Alain
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 5:53 PM Ronan Pigott <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue Dec 1, 2020 at 8:33 AM MST, Alain Michaud wrote:
> > > Hi Luiz/Ronan,
> > >
> > > This appears to have been an incorrect fix since
> > > parse_mode_config(config, "BREDR", params, ARRAY_SIZE(params)); will
> > > attempt to read from the BREDR section. My suggestion would be to
> > > update the group table entry instead:
> >
> > Oh, that's right. Whoops.
> >
> > Updating the group table sounds good to me.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/?id=e2863c003c8e65b386a981ef6037518beb605795

So now everything should be using BR as group name.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

2020-12-01 23:19:35

by Alain Michaud

Thanks for the quick turnaround Luiz. Converging onto BR instead of
BREDR also works.