2002-02-26 20:37:07

by Dennis, Jim

Subject: Congrats Marcelo,

Marcelo,

Contratulations on your first "official" kernel release. It seems to have
gone
well (except for some complaints on slashdot about -rc4 SPARC patches
missing from
the patch, but apparently in the full tarball).

Now I need to know about the status of several unofficial patches:

XFS
LVM
i2c
Crypto
FreeS/WAN KLIPS
LIDS
rmap

Shawn was very helpful regarding the XFS+rmap patches --- though I've been
having
some trouble with compiling kernels out of that in some configurations
(I'll try to
isolate those and submit a coherent bug report, if I can. Shawn, are you
going to
update your set of XFS+rmap patches soon?

Marcelo, there were some i2c updates included in the lmsensors package,
have they
submitted those to you for integration into 2.4.19?

(As for the patch-int, that seems to apply with only a couple minor rejects,
to the
top level Makefile, and Documentation/Configure.help; so that's not a
problem ---
beside I want KLIPS, LIDS and patch-int for home, not for work.)

2002-02-26 20:50:57

by H. Peter Anvin